A Light in the Attic
Published in August 20059780060256739
Published in October 19819780060256746
Published in September 20099780061905858
Published in October 20019780066236179
From New York Times bestselling author Shel Silverstein, the creator of the beloved poetry collections Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, and Every Thing On It, comes an imaginative book of poems and drawings—a favorite of Shel Silverstein fans young and old.
A Light in the Attic delights with remarkable characters and hilariously profound poems in a collection readers will return to again and again.
Here in the attic you will find Backward Bill, Sour Face Ann, the Meehoo with an Exactlywatt, and the Polar Bear in the Frigidaire. You will talk with Broiled Face, and find out what happens when Somebody steals your knees, you get caught by the Quick-Digesting Gink, a Mountain snores, and They Put a Brassiere on the Camel.
Come on up to the attic of Shel Silverstein and let the light bring you home.
And don't miss The Giving Tree and Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein, also available as ebooks!
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas)
- School Library Journal Best Book
- Garden State Children's Book Award (New Jersey)
- Library of Congress Children’s Books
- ALA Notable Children’s Book
- George C. Stone Center for Children's Books Recognition of Merit Award
- Buckeye Children’s Book Award (Ohio)